BLUEBERRY GIN FIZZ
recipe by The Bar at The Deer Path Inn
- 15 fresh blueberries, plus more for garnish
- 1 ½ ounce of gin
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 ounce simple syrup or honey syrup
- Champagne or prosecco for topping
- Mint sprigs or cocktail picks for garnish (optional)
- Place blueberries in a cocktail shaker and smash with a wooden spoon or muddler. Add gin, lime juice, and syrup to shaker and top with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a glass. Top with Champagne or prosecco to taste.
- To garnish, thread blueberries onto a mint sprig (bottom leaves removed) or a cocktail pick. Balance across rim of glass or place in the cocktail.